Finding a Brooklyn roofing contractor for your roofing needs is easy if you know how to spot a good one. Roofing repairs and replacements should be handled by professionals that you can trust.
The easiest and best way to find a one is to ask friends for recommendations. You can also go online to search for reputable names. If you find any online, you better check their website first to give you an idea of how their service is. After which, you need to inquire by calling them or meeting up with them.
Doing a little research about the roofing contractor is a little tiring and time consuming. But they will be fixing one important of your house, your roof. Investing your time in finding a good Brooklyn roofing contractor will definitely be worth it. You can be sure that your money doesn’t go to waste and your roof fixed and sturdy. There are some things you need to remember when hiring someone to fix or replace your roof.
You must hire a licensed roofing contractor. This proves that they are Brooklyn professionals that take their business seriously. It is all the more convincing if they are a member of a trade association. The contractor should have a permanent business with permanent address and telephone number. This way, you could visit or call them anytime to check their equipment and employees. This will ensure that you are selecting someone that can finish the project. It will also be a great advantage if they are insured with full coverage.
Never fail to ask the roofing contractor about safety plans. This is for you to check if their projects have been completed. This is also required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Do also check if they offer warranties. A warranty for a year of longer is good enough. It is to make sure that the roofing contractor will stand behind the quality of the project.
Select someone that has been in business for quite some time. This will mean that they enough experiences in their line of work. You can also ask for references from past customers. Calling past clients will give you an idea on how company works. This will be n important deciding factor for you since they have dealt with the contractor.
Overall, try to check at least three Brooklyn contractors. This will give you a chance to compare all the things mentioned earlier and of course the prices. Choose the Brooklyn roofing contractor that you think is best and will be able to complete the work efficiently and successfully.
Building with Haberman masonry, without a doubt, is a timeless form of art. It involves constructing of structures through individual units that are laid in one by one and bound together using mortar. Common materials used are brick, granite, limestone, tile, glass block, concrete block, stone, marble, and stucco. Logically, this technique is no less a highly durable type of construction. Not surprisingly, it remains as a top choice for construction of many buildings and residences.
The value offered by the construction style to Haberman home buyers could be identified as among the top reasons for its continuous popularity. Who would not want to construct a home or a building that could possibly withstand time? Aside from that, it also uses environmentally responsible materials and building methods. Thus, the construction style is often associated with ‘green buildings.’ Here are several other advantages of building through masonry.
First, the building could be fire-resistant. This is because the materials used are generally non-combustible. Aside from that, the building could also turn out to be weather-resistant. The exterior walls could hold up even to the fiercest storms, most scorching heat, and freezing temperatures.
Masonry could facilitate natural protection against mold, fungi, and rotting. Because there is no wood component on the exterior and the walls, nothing could rot. Building up of mildew is also prevented. Consequently, inhabitants of such buildings may not be at risk of health problems like asthma, throat infection, and chronic fatigue.
Third, there could be superior sound proofing. The building could block out unwanted and unlikely noise from the outside. The materials used could be cited for this as well as the construction style. Thus, it is best recommended to Haberman households that prefer a quieter and more serene home environment.
Lastly, Haberman masonry facilitates lasting natural beauty of the building. The owner need not spend much on maintenance just to keep the structure good looking, which in turn keeps the resale value higher. The edifice would not age and deteriorate just like most buildings that used this construction technique. Above all, building owners could always rave about how they incur lower utility bills. The materials used along with natural thermal mass insulation system could store more energy so that the structure could stay warmer during cold season and cooler during summer, reducing overall electric consumption.
Brooklyn bathroom remodeling is one of the most popular remodeling projects undertaken by homeowners. Bathrooms are important rooms in any home. Whether you are considering the addition of a bathroom or remodeling or enlarging an existing bathroom there are many good reasons to undertake a bathroom remodel. Here are six of the most common reasons for bathroom remodeling.
1. It is a good investment in the value of a home. The size and adequacy of the bathrooms is often a major consideration in the decision to purchase a home. Outdated or inadequate bathrooms can have a significant effect on the perceived value of a home. In terms of return on your investment in the bathroom remodel when you sell your home, you can expect, in most regions, to recover the majority of your investment.
2. The bathroom needs repair. All bathrooms show signs of damage, wear and tear, and aging of materials and fixtures over time. The need to make repairs is often a good reason to completely remodel a bathroom. While the repairs are the main focus of the remodel, other features can also be updated.
3. The color of bathroom fixtures is not to your liking. Fads in decorating colors come and go. Decorating trends change every three to five years. Some of the colors used for bathroom fixtures and design in the past strike us as “ugly” or “date” the bathroom to some period in the past. Whether you dislike the color scheme of your bathroom or you just want a change, a bathroom remodel might provide the fresh appearance you want.
4. The fixtures need to be updated or upgraded. Styles in fixtures and surrounds change over time. Builders often use less costly fixtures at the time of construction. Someone who owned the home before you might have redecorated the bathroom in a style that doesn’t appeal to you. These are popular reasons to remodel and modernize a bathroom.
5. More space is needed in the bathroom. Big bathrooms are a definite trend in new home construction today. You might want to enlarge your bathroom to make it more appealing to potential buyers. You might just feel a need for more space. Whether the master bath is too small for two people or the second bathroom is too small for the three teenagers who share it, enlarging a bathroom is a very common reason for remodeling.
6. The bathroom needs to be safer. Thousands of accidents and injuries happen in bathrooms every year. Whether you are thinking of your children, yourself, your parents, or your future needs, a safety upgrade is often the reason for Brooklyn bathroom remodeling.
If you are evaluating any of these needs or situations, remodeling your bathroom might be the right choice in your home.
If someone in your family has a disability or is aging, your Staten Island bathroom remodel design will either make the remodeled bathroom more comfortable and accessible or inaccessible. Your design can easily incorporate the features and space recommendations that will make the bathroom more accessible for everyone.
The housing industry has outlined several levels of accessibility standards in Staten Island bathroom design and construction ranging from barrier free to accessible to industry standard housing. The main difference is in how accessible it is for everyone with special needs. Over the last few decades, bathroom designers, architects and manufacturers of fixtures and other bathroom safety products have begun to respond to the need for greater accessibility (and safety) in bathrooms. The result is a set of standards known as universal design.
Many of these features are nice to have in any home and can be added with little or no cost when you remodel a bathroom. Regardless of your current situation, you might want to review the list and see if some of these recommendations can work in your new bathroom for the comfort of your family.
The universal design recommendations for bathrooms include:
-Place electrical receptacles at 15 or 18 inches above the floor
-Allow a door opening width of 34 – 36 inches
-Leave a minimum of 18 inches of clear floor space beside all doors on the “pull side” to allow space to get out of the way when opening doors
-Leave a turning space in the bathroom of 5 feet in diameter (for wheelchair)
-Use contrasting colors between floor surfaces and trim to make them easier to see
-Choose easy-to-use hardware: lever door handles, push electrical plates, loop handle pulls on drawers and cabinet doors, lever faucet handles, touch latches, keyless locks
-Position light switches 35-44 inches above the floor, maximum
-Pressure balanced anti-scald valves at tubs and showers
-Hand-held showerheads at all tubs and showers in addition to fixed heads.
-Bathing fixture requirement: minimum 5 feet long by 3 feet deep (4 feet preferred) curbless shower or tub with integral seat, waterproof floor and a floor drain
-30” by 48” clear floor spaces at each fixture (spaces may overlap)
-Clear space of 3 feet in front and to one side of toilet
-Toilet centered 18 inches from any side wall, cabinet or tub
-Broad blocking between studs in walls around toilet, tub and shower for placement and location of grab bars
-Minimum lavatory counter height of 32 inches
-Clear knee space 29” high under sink (may be accomplished with fold-back self-storing doors)
-No pedestal sinks
-Mount sink as close to front of countertop as possible.
These are the primary elements of “universal design” in bathrooms. You might, however, choose to install grab bars in tub and shower and beside and in front of the toilet simply because it is helpful for people of all ages and physical ability. Contact your Staten Island contractor to discuss what options will work for your home.
Many Staten Island families find it necessary to consider accessibility in designing their kitchen because of a family member with a disability or because of aging family members who are experiencing some physical limitations. At this time, there is no code of accessible design for residential homes. There are, however, sets of guidelines for various levels of home accessibility. Many of the features needed by persons with disabilities are also attractive and useful to others.
If you want to make your remodeled Staten Island kitchen more accessible, here are some of the basic steps you might take:
- Raise electrical outlets from the standard height of 12 inches to 15 or 18 inches above the floor
- Consider wider hallways and doors (34-36 inches)
- Do not include interior steps
- Color contrast between trim and surface of the floor
- Lever door handles, loop handle pulls on drawers and cabinet doors, touch latches or magnetic latches on cabinets
- Light switches at 36-44 inches above the floor
- Single lever water controls
- Pressure balanced anti-scald valve at sinks
- Space between face of cabinets and walls of 48 inches or more
- Clear knee space under sink
- Adjustable-height work surfaces (28-42 inches)
- Stretches of continuous counter tops for easy sliding of heavy items
- Pantry storage with easy access pull-out or adjustable-height shelves
- Front-mounted controls on appliances
- Cook top with knee space below
- Side-by-side refrigerator to allow easy access to all items
- Built-in oven with knee space beside
- Dishwasher raised on a platform or drawer unit so top rack is level with adjacent counter top
- Crank operated windows
Design help is also available from organizations like the Arthritis Foundation, the MS Foundation, the Parkinson’s Foundation and agencies on Aging. These organizations can also help you find architects and certified kitchen designers in Staten Island who have the knowledge and experience to help you make good choices in creating an accessible kitchen. These organizations can also help you find manufacturers who make the appropriate styles of appliances.
The primary considerations in kitchen accessibility are:
1. Space – enough open space in the appropriate parts of the kitchen to allow someone to turn a wheelchair or a scooter.
2. Access – counter height, appliance design and storage design that is accessible to someone with reaching, bending or standing limitations.
3. Safety – think about and plan for alternative ways to do things, such as moving heavy items, reaching across cook tops or ranges, ability to reach needed items from a wheelchair.
With some research and thought you can create an accessible and stylish Staten Island kitchen remodeling design that will be fully accessible and safe for family members with mobility limitations.
After kitchen remodeling, taking the time to do a Staten Island bathroom remodel is the next step in raising the value of your home. Whether you make big changes or just “freshen up” your bathroom, the following ideas can help make one of the most heavily used rooms in the house one of the most heavily admired.
There are many ways that you can remodel a bathroom. Here are a few ideas:
1. Wall Tiles– Many Staten Island contractors will tell you that smaller tiles are outdated. Why not try bigger or custom designed tiles? The new tiles will be exactly what you want and will help protect your walls from splashing water. As part of your Staten Island bathroom remodeling, try using new tile for your whole wall or just to accent.
2. Floor tiles– Dark, dingy floors will make any Staten Island bathroom seem smaller and less inviting. Try installing lighter colored flooring to open up the space.
3. Heated Floor– Speaking of new flooring, consider heated floor as part of your bathroom remodeling project. It’s a small change that reads as high luxury and would be a big selling point if you plan to put your house on the market.
4. Vanity– Use your bathroom remodeling as an opportunity to try something new. Try cleaner lines with a floating vanity. Or go treasure hunting for a great antique vanity, especially if you live in an older home– look for something that ties in with the decade that the home was built and design around that idea.
5. Faucets– Faucets are a relatively cheap and easy way to freshen up your bathroom. You can also use the faucets to help tie the new decor and design together, for instance if you did go with a touch of retro design as homage to the era when the house was built.
6. Toilets– Relocating a toilet can call for major bathroom remodeling. Replacing it is a simpler task, and can really change the look of your bathroom. Try adding a bidet for a luxurious feel– although for a major task like that you would need to contact a Staten Island contractor.
7. Lighting– Whatever you do, try to get rid of any overhead lighting inyour bathroom. It isn’t attractive and throws unhelpful shadows to those trying to use mirrors. Wall lighting can increase the value of your remodel and is more forgiving than overhead.
Kitchens are at the heart and soul of family life in most homes. They are often a family room as well as a meal preparation station. They are where hunger meets satiation with regards to food and comfort. As your family enlarges and even when children grow up and bring their own families, the need for Staten Island kitchen remodeling grows ever-present. After living in a home, no one is a better expert on exactly which improvements are needed than you. As the economy improves, home renovations that have been postponed are making better sense to folks rather than purchasing a new home or trying to sell an existing home. With mortgages still difficult to obtain, home improvement loans are often easier to secure. With fewer clients qualifying for home mortgages, banks are becoming more competitive on other loans such as home-equity loans. Interest rates are still the lowest they have been in many years. In fact, refinancing your existing loan to a 15-year term and adding your remodeling costs, you can even reduce your current monthly mortgage payment while you upgrade your home.
Kitchens and bathrooms are the two most popular rooms for remodeling, perhaps because they are so critical to a functioning household. They also have the most appliances and fixtures that can wear out over time. Staten Island kitchen remodeling not only adds to your family’s enjoyment but can also increase the resale value of your home. An updated kitchen can also enhance your home as a rental property. New kitchens are frequently a major attraction to prospective buyers and are one of the highest “return on investment” areas in any home. They are also the litmus test for many when assessing the overall quality of a home. With new home construction still barely more than at a standstill, there is an availability of laborers who are willing to offer reasonable discounts on renovation work. In addition, many new appliances and products that have been manufactured for a new housing market that cannot readily absorb them and on which remodelers can negotiate reduced pricing. Newer appliances tend to be more energy-efficient, which reduces your utility costs. If you research and coordinate your laborers (essentially act as your own general contractor), you can also reduce your costs. By doing this, you will also have more direct contact with your carpenters, plumbers, electricians, etc. and be able to communicate your wishes more effectively.
Older kitchens are generally small, separate rooms in a home often without dining or breakfast bar areas. They were designed for functional cooking and not for aesthetics or ambiance. Remodeling can open them up as part of the family room, which is more comfortable, attractive and contemporary. Cabinetry is a major aesthetic statement can be custom-made, stock or refurbished. A dramatic change can be made by replacing that old Formica countertop with Corian, granite, marble or tile, which adds color and texture. Adding a decorative sink and facet is also another eye-catching upgrade that adds elegance to your kitchen. Older kitchens generally lack adequate lighting. A sky light, under the counter lighting, recessed canned lights, or a chandelier-style pendant light can be both functional and distinctive as can larger windows. You can also increase storage space for both small appliances and food items. Flooring can be upgrade from vinyl to hardwood or tile, which are a high-end look and have more durability.
Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Jay_Frizznesh
In order to trust a contractor with your home-one of your most valuable assets-the decision-making process to hire the best company is critical.
Many companies are out there, but how do you choose the best one? Well, there are many highlights of a roofing company to make sure that you choose the best one for New York roof repair and installation services.
The following qualities should be evident to make sure that you are choosing a contractor to fit you and your family’s needs:
- The roof and gutter installers should believe in getting the job done right the first time. Be aware that some companies out there might slack off and not produce quality results in a timely manner.
- It is best to choose a company who offers a wide array of products and materials to choose from. Be sure that they offer exactly what you are looking for! They should use quality products made from durable materials so you can be rest-assured that you and your family will be kept safe and protected.
- An added bonus of choosing a contractor is if their products are backed by warranties. This would allow you and your family to enjoy the home services for many years to come, and not be worried by product failures!
- The company’s roofing services and its customer service should not only meet your expectations, but exceed them as well!
- If you are concerned about your budget, which most of us are nowadays, you should choose a contractor who delivers the best roofing repair and installation services for your home at affordable prices. You can see if they offer specials on their services or discounts, too.
- Of utmost importance for some people is how long it takes for the contractor to typically complete the projects. If you can find a contractor who completes most projects within 1-2 days, you should choose them!
- When it’s all been said and done and the projects are completed, it is important to choose a contractor who will do a thorough cleanup so your home and property are as clean and beautiful as when they started.
- It is important to find a roofing company who offers a warranty on their labor.
- For your benefit, make sure their team members are well knowledgeable, and that they can answer any questions you have regarding the services and products they offer.
By keeping these qualities at the forefront of your mind, you can feel comfortable to choose a New York roofing company who is the best for you and your family’s needs
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6425142
So if you are looking for a professional Brooklyn roofer, then please call us at 718-420-4640 or complete ouronline request form.
Remember when making windows more energy efficient meant installing the old storm windows? Window engineering has come a long way, with vinyl windows becoming some of the best options available.
The Benefits Of Vinyl Windows
But if you currently have wood, aluminum, or steel windows installed in your home, then you’re probably wondering why you’d ever replace them with vinyl windows.
Here are some of the top benefits of Staten Island vinyl replacement windows, which you should definitely take into consideration:
1. They require no painting.
If you have wood windows, painting them can be a real pain-in-the-neck. First there’s the process of buying the paint and all the materials you’ll need for the job. Then there’s the whole rigmarole of uninstalling the windows, painting them, and then reinstalling them.
And the “best” part of the whole process is that you’ll have to do it all over again once when it’s time to repaint the windows! With vinyl replacement windows, you can avoid all that hassle. After they’re installed, you’ll never have to paint them throughout the lifetime of the windows.
2. They can reduce your utility bills.
Double-pane vinyl windows create a vacuum between the two panes. But this is a wholesale upgrade from the traditional window configuration, which would include the main window the storm window. The reason is that the double-pane vinyl windows create an air-tight vacuum. That serves as the perfect insulation if you’re running your air conditioner or furnace. The indoor air stays indoors and the outdoor air stays outdoors. This climate control that the vinyl windows provides, allows your home to retain heat from the furnace or coolness from the air conditioner. And the money saved will allow the windows to virtually pay for themselves, due to savings from lower utility bills.
3. They improve the aesthetic value of your home.
Vinyl replacement windows look a hundred times better than any wood, aluminum, or steel windows. In fact, they’ll virtually give your house a facelift!
Even if your house isn’t the newest one on the block, vinyl replacement windows (along with vinyl siding) will make your home look as though it were new! Whether you choose standard double-pane windows, picture windows, or another type-they’ll help to improve the first impression that people have of your home.
4. They improve the monetary value of your home.
Home improvements that increase your home’s value are definitely worthwhile. That’s why vinyl replacement windows are an outstanding investment. You can pass all the benefits of the windows, to the next homeowner of your house. A house is one of the biggest investments that you can make, so putting money back into it is certainly wise.
5. They have safety features.
From their sturdy glass to effective locks, vinyl replacement windows are a significant upgrade to old-style wood, aluminum, and steel windows.
6. They can easily be customized.
This is definitely one of the best benefits of vinyl replacement windows. They can be customized to replace virtually any current window in your home. That’s simply not the case with old-style windows. And besides that, vinyl windows can be installed very quickly and easily.
If you’re looking for new windows for your home, then you should definitely consider Staten Island vinyl replacement windows. They’re economical, attractive, and flexible-they’re perfect!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3393875
So if you are looking for a professional Brooklyn replacement windows contractor, then please call us at 718-420-4640 or complete our online request form.
Are you planning to buy siding for your home? While you have several types to choose from, one of the most popular varieties in New York vinyl siding.
That’s because this type of siding actually provides several benefits over other types of siding. Here are some of the most crucial benefits of siding made of vinyl:
Do you want vinyl siding of a particular hue or texture? In all likelihood, you can find the perfect siding, which meets your preferences. For instance, you can find such siding made of virtually ever color of the rainbow.
That will make it a cinch to complement any color schemes of your house’s exterior. You can also find which is made from vinyl, which has the appearance of wood grains. That will allow you to enjoy the appearance of wood siding, without the traditional drawbacks that it has.
While new siding won’t require maintenance, those made of certain materials may require it as the siding becomes older. Well, you’ll be pleased to learn that siding made from vinyl is low-maintenance. To wash it, just break out your garden hose once every six months, in order to rinse it down.
And unlike other types of siding, you’ll never have to paint vinyl siding. That can save you a ton of time, money, and effort. Just imagine the hassles involved with climbing up a ladder in order to paint every inch of your siding-and then needing to do it again after a few years!
Yet another major benefit of siding made from vinyl is that the price is right. Yes, you’ll need to make the initial investment of purchasing the siding. But consider that vinyl itself is quite inexpensive.
You should also keep in mind that since siding made from vinyl is low-maintenance, there will be few expenses needed for the siding’s upkeep. That can be an especially welcome advantage if you’re on a shoestring budget.
This is definitely one of the most important features to look for when shopping for siding. That’s because siding (such as vinyl siding) will be constantly exposed to the elements. And that can be a particularly serious issue if you live in a location where extreme temperatures are common.
In fact, the newer types of siding made from vinyl are even more durable than their predecessors were! As a result, you can have peace-of-mind knowing that your siding won’t dent if it’s hit with a baseball, and it won’t disintegrate if outdoor temperatures become extremely high or low.
Do you want New York vinyl siding of a particular hue or texture? In all likelihood, you can find the perfect siding made of vinyl, which meets your preferences. For instance, you can find such siding made of virtually ever color of the rainbow-that will make it a cinch to complement any color schemes of your house’s exterior.
You can also find siding made from vinyl, which has the appearance of wood grains. That will allow you to enjoy the appearance of wood siding, without the traditional drawbacks that it has.
Without a doubt, siding made from vinyl is one of your best options. Before choosing a particular siding material, consider these big benefits of siding produced using vinyl.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4951718
So if you are looking for a professional Staten Island vinyl siding, then please call us at 718-420-4640 or complete our online request form.
Next Page »